pics taken from http://cheesussays.hubpages.com/hub/The-Crazy-world-of-K-pop-Fandoms#
now now before you bare arms and mad dash me with your pitchforks listen to what I have to say. The witch hunting Pyre can remain as it stands and if my words hold no meaning at all I will willingly tie myself to the stake and let you burn me alive. Hopefully you are all logical rational people and it will not come to such a ridiculous end.
Girl A: Hi I am a catholic what religious order do you follow?"
Girl B: "KPOP"
Girl A: "What is KPOP?"
Girl B : o.O "you can't be serious don't talk to me until you Google searched KPOP"
Girl A: "ugh ok bye"
Girl B" OMG I can't believe she hasn't heard of KPOP where does she live under a rock! Don't Worry Oppa I know you (hearts in her eyes) "
ok ok I had my fun now down to seriousness I was talking with a friend of mine on facebook when this idea and fact first came to us.
This is how it started
Her:there's always some scandal, rumor or conflict going on and the first ones to run their mouths and start shit are so called fans
Me:it's really just so useless
Her: not anti's
the fans themselves
that's what's so crazy
it really is useless
Me: it's like Shawol's and Elf's and Cassie's all from the same company and always at each others throats
Her: doesn't help anyone yeaaah I know and it's annoying to people that belong to more than one fandom you are forced to choose sides or none at all and just stay out the fight
Her: fandoms are like organized religions I swear to god
Me: I agree!
Her:it's that serious to some people it's a way of life to them
there are rules, moral codes, social obligations, and of course the "gods" would be whoever the fandom follows
Me: OMG that's too true
Her: more like a cult or disorganized religion
I just thought of this now o.o
but it all makes sense
I agreed KPOP is like a cult the conversation continued
Her: it is!
and sometimes if you leave you are ostracized
that's not to say you can't change your mind
but it's like you have to be in it for life
I'm not gonna lie and say I haven't said this to people before
I don't like fickle fans that change loyalties to fit how they are feeling that day or month
one day they're a Cassie, the next they're a SHAWOL, then a month later they are an elf and hate DBSK and SHINee
Leaving the fandoms completely then going back like it's nothing .
I would now like to point out Sasaengs are part of the KPOP Cult along with fans and Anti fans. With Sasaengs you cannot leave the group if you do they abuse you as I have recently heard in another person's post on the matter of sasaengs. They are truly in it for life.
Her:some Kpop fans are selfish
others are selfless
I HATE when people buy a shitload of tickets just to resell them at a higher price
but that's not just in Kpop
but some Kpop fans pull together they donate to organizations in individual members' names I did that for a project for Siwon's birthday
I donated $14 to UNICEF ^^
Me:I've only donated once and it was for the funeral of Mr.Park for the wreath given by international fans. *referring to Yoochuns father*
Her: I think it's good to donate regardless
but to donate because you want to help people AND make your idol proud of you
that's really great Kpop fans do that a lot. That's really the thing I'm most proud of they're quick to pull together, I'm always like "how the fuck did they get 100 million won for that cause so fast!?"
they're passionate and that passion is powerful when used for something positive
often times it's used to bash, hurt, and put down others.
and so that is the conversation for most part that really got me thinking but her is the rest after we navigated back on track.
Her: so you finished the blog?
Me: yea but I will end up writing more
considering writing something like K-POP The Cult of all Cultures
Her: oh my god I agree with everything!!!
lol you so should
though maybe not call it a cult
some people might take offense and make a big deal out of that word
cuz cult is something SERIOUS that has hurt many people
never heard of a good or innocent cult
Me: well sasaengs are definitely the cult part of it
Her: like that guy who married all the women in his cult and had kids with the kids
then made the parents kill the kids then themselves so horrible T_T
ME: well some consider Jehovah's to be a cult lol
but I don't think they are bad
Her: I'd tread lightly on that subject
Me: lol yeah well honestly I want the heat (that's right come try to throw me in a frying pan if you really disagree so strongly)
Her: oh well then, you go girl! xD
Me: I want people to really think about what they are doing
pushing people into corners and shit
lets face it any rational logical sensible person such as ourselves
will look at the points and agree how k-pop fandoms are a form of cultism
maybe they do not go to the extremes not like CULTS do
but sasaengs pretty much are
Them and Anti's are like the KKK of K-Pop or K-Entertainment
Her: I just looked up the many definitions of cult
cult can be an excessive admiration for a particular person or thing
Kpop fans DEFINITELY have that down pat
Me: lol yea
heck even me
when I first found out about SJ
I was totally totally obsessed
but the initial awe of it all died down fast enough
and I would never have done anything extremely crazy, I had to watch every video I could find and search everything on their music and TV appearances and such. (I actually did that with FTIsland too though I was already aware of who Seunghyun and Hongki were)
And so let's get all the facts on why this is a cult amongst all cultures
no matter where you are in the world you can find K-Entertainment fans age, race, gender it matters not! they ARE there trolling youtube and twitter and any other fansite. They are there supporting and loving artists and actors alike or they are harming and hurting stalking and manipulating.
There are rules you MUST follow in a fandom
1) NEVER DISAGREE with what they say about their Bias,
2) Never have an Opinion that differs from their own.
3)DO NOT SUPPORT A GROUP when a member Leaves the group for whatever reason and make sure you sign every Suicide petition and disbandment petition that comes your way! You MUST FIGHT with anyone who Supports the remaining members.
4)DO NOT SUPPORT ROMANTIC PAIRINGS OF THEIR BIAS with ANOTHER WOMAN! but it's ok if it's the OTP they support. Because Shipping 2 grown men together is aok! (mind you I have nothing against BL I am a fan of it, however I am not delusional believing they are all real couples )
5)DO NOT SAY ANYTHING THAT SOUNDS INSULTING (Girl A "that out fit doesn't suit him" Girl B "what the hell B(&$%^ you saying MY OPPA is UGLY?! What do you mean it doesn't suit him!!!" Girl A (omg her eyes are glowing red) "chill I just meant he looks better in an outfit that shows off his muscled arms" Girl B "OMG DON'T LOOK AT OPPAS ARMS THEY ARE MINE!"
6) DO NOT SUPPORT ANY OTHER FANDOM! (Fans Voice "Just because you are in one fandom does not mean you cannot support another group, officially or unofficially. If they are doing a good job, they merit your applause. Just refusing to clap for them because they are not your fandom is spiteful. Hypocrites!!! " I agree but rules are rules and they do not support others)proof of that has been seen on fancams on youtube.
the following are from my friend whom I had the conversation with in the first place though I ended up adding some again as well.
7) all female idols that do duets with, appear on variety shows or dramas, or musicals with one of your male biases or all female back up dancers that grind up on your favorite idols are automatically slutty bitches trying to steal your men and come between you two.
8)once an idol makes a mistake, you can never forgive them. they will always be a horrible person in your eyes and you can never look at them the same way again (example: Park Yoochun and the "fan beating" incident, Block B in the Thailand interview, Jay Park leaving 2PM due to controversy, CAP and his "masognyny", etc)
9) You MUST hold grudges for the longest amount of time possible! NEVER forgive anyone for making Mistakes!
10) Idols, both male and female, can never ever date anyone or get married, especially not each other, because they belong to fans forever and always. Or else that person will receive extreme amounts of hate mail, death threats, and daily harassment from the fandom. We want our idols celibate and alone for us to act out our fantasies on. (example: SKK and Jonghyun, Goo Hara and MBLAQ's Junhyung, etc. Hara was hated by many netizens and told she didn't deserve him and that Junhyung was too perfect and beautiful for her. Male Hara fans also hated on Junhyung. SKK received daily hate mail and death threats from so called fans because they didn't want her with Jonghyun and she had to shut down her Internet fan cafe.)
11) During a fanwar, it is perfectly acceptable to bash, insult, and start rumors about the other fandom's band because after all, the fandom is essentially EXACTLY like the band and an accurate representation of how they act and think.
12) if you don't know all the member's names, you clearly aren't a true fan of the band and shouldn't even show your face in public, let alone Internet forums
13) you're not an elitist if you try to correct everyone on every single fact, detail, and information about your favorite band. you're just a well educated fan and you feel it is your duty to share your knowledge with the world.
(I HATE FANS LIKE THIS!!!)(me too!)
14) girl bands: if you are a female fan, you usually aren't a fan of many bands with the same gender, or a fan of them at all, you prefer men by default since you can't fangirl over the physical attributes of women (unless you like that sort of thing or get girl crushes.) they are pretty much useless in your eyes and you don't think they're as good musically as your OPPAS and can never compare to them.
for some people they literally are so consumed by Kpop they can't like anything else, I understand that but don't put down others that aren't so consumed and so we have number 15
15) Kpop, and in a broader sense Asian music is the best in the world. EVERYONE else should just stop singing and stop trying cus they'll never be as good as my favorite Asian bands. If you do like other genres and musicians you are NOT a TRUE fan you are a TRAITOR!
16) HATE on and BASH Anyone who does cover songs of your Oppas They can never compare and should just stop singing they will never get anywhere. This is even more accurate if you are non-Asian! (There was a video where a guy from Congo or something did a cover of Bigbang or TOP and he felt there was no need to say whom the original singer was though he did claim it was a dedication.And he changed the info once VIP's complain regardless of the changes he made the VIP's were so racist towards him and said so many mean things that in the end he closed his youtube account which was a shame coz he had skills)
17) YOU MUST be willing to chase your Bias anywhere you can , DO NOT FORGET you must visit their homes work places and hotels where you will do the following ....
Leave Gifts, Order food, YELL Regardless of others staying in the building, Follow them to and from activities and schedules. Cause Traffic accidents so you can get a glimpse of Oppa, Quit school and lie so you can work closer to Oppas. Take photo's of them and record them video tape them as well every chance you have. Write Blood letters to your biases. Find their family members and btoher them for personal information on your Bias get their numbers and call them all the time. YOU MUST Try to touch them once but NEVER try to get over friendly with OPPA!~ WE WILL FIND YOU AND TEACH YOU A LESSON!
18) Brag about EVERY encounter you had with OPPA good or bad OPPA notices you no matter what you do! Try and do more for Oppa than any other girls do Oppa will think of you more if you bother him the most! Oppa would not be famous without YOU stalking him!
19) everything you see, hear, and read about IS TRUE. don't wait for the facts to come out. make your own assumptions and stick to them no matter what anyone says. however your idol acts is his true self. he hides nothing from fans. fans know their idols better than even their families and friends
20) Form mini cults to gang up on other members in the group your bias is part of, lie steal and cheat to be closer to your Bias. Also form groups to harass groups you believe are rivals of your Bias, OPPA will be SO PROUD to know You are Evil and Dishonest. Oppa loves his fans even if they cause harm!
The best Rule out there is
gather in groups and show support by flash mobs and community service, do good deeds in the name of your Biases. LOVE and SUPPORT your Biases no matter what they go through and what others say. Being LOYAL is how we true fans roll Like BOSS we know how to Love and ARE Loved in return for it.
And so that concludes why KPOP is a cult of all cultures because people from all around the globe do these things in here I have included things good fans bad fans non fans all do. but definitely more of the negatives because although we see good things in K-Entertainment the truth of the matter is it has become a scary and Negative world we've submerged ourselves in.
There is a final thing I would like to point out someone else had stated something similar to what I will now say. Hallyu or whatever the Korean wave people or CEO'S Company owners and staff some fans too believe that boy groups and idols and the girl groups too are what has been keeping K-ENTERTAINMENT on the Global forefront I hate to break it to you (actually I don't) but YOU'RE WRONG! yes SHINee, Super Junior, DBSK\TVXQ , Big Bang so on so forth they ARE popular but they are NOT the only people we Foreigners are interested in. I have stated it before I got interested in KPOP because of BOA and I am not the only person who got interested in the K-Entertainment business because of Boa's influence many current Korean Idols have also said Boa inspired them to be entertainers in the first place. Actors play a big part in our interest too I know plenty of people in the world who while they are not big fans of Korean music love Korean dramas. Some even end up getting the sound tracks of their beloved dramas. SO to All you cynics who think K-Entertainment would be no where without the boy groups you are WRONG JYJ proved that all on their own. Rock bands have also shown they are popular in foreign countries for example CNBLUE and FTIsland! so I leave you with all this to chew over spit it back in my face if you want.
how do you like the truth?
Does it leave a sour taste in your mouth?